Wednesday, May 2, 2007

It is a truth universally acknowledged...

...that a single thespian with a "great" play must be in want of a director.
(Or, better put: I have a play and I want to see it performed.)
You may have surmised that I am a Jane Austen fanatic. If you haven't heard, and I "know how you like news", you will pleased to hear the following announcement:
COMING SOON TO A THEATER NEAR YOU!
Jane Austen's
Pride & Prejudice
Adapted for the stage by Beth *insert my last name here*
Well, I can dream, can't I? I will be posting excerpts from the script on this blog in the months to come, and request your help in--modernizing the dialogue. A ghastly feat, but it must be done. Do take into mind, however, that these excerpts are rough drafts and are not in propter format. I look forward to hearing from you!
Cheers,
Lizzy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

honestly, i really don't think you should try to "modernize" the dialogue....just maybe take out some of the REALLY long parts that people would have trouble memorizing, like some of the mr. collins stuff and mrs. bennett stuff...especially since they're not the main characters and the actors portraying them may not be able to memorize as well as, say, lizzie and darcy...i think if you really try to modernize it, it's gonna take the whole flavor out of it. you know what i mean? those are just my thoughts... :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Good advice, Anda. I think you're right. It's just soooo hard to do :p Poor Jane!