Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Inner Critic/Editor/Jerk

I want to write an article on Script Frenzy!, but my Inner Critic is telling me that there are thousands of other people who did Screnzy who could write the article twenty-times better than I could. That my little cousin could write it better than I. Ouch. I think depriving my IC of meat for a month has made it ravenous. Given, my younger cousin is a superb writer, but still....

Then I start thinking: My script is a piece of nonsense, that it won't go anywhere and who am I kidding? Yes, just a few seconds ago I said these words aloud: "I can't write! Who am I kidding?" Uh, hello? 20,036 words says that maybe I can. But my IC points out that it was utter drivel. Touche.

Who will win? Most likely the Critic. She usually does nowadays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.